What is infrared light therapy?
It’s a therapeutic procedure using light-emitting diodes, LEDs, to treat and heal physical conditions, such as joint pain, muscle soreness, and inflammation, skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, psoriasis, and wrinkles, or medical conditions such as testosterone imbalance and thyroid dysfunction. Schedule an appointment with your doctor to find out if you’re a good candidate for light therapy.
Hungarian physician and professor Endre Mester invented light therapy in 1967 to help study how cancer cells would react to radiation exposure. Today, although not used to treat cancer, light therapy treats various types of inflammation. Made of thousands of light-emitting diodes or LEDs, light therapy treats different conditions by encouraging cells to stimulate the body’s natural healing function. It is a safe, non-invasive, painless method that is FDA approved, now available at Longevity Care Clinic.
How Does Infrared Light Therapy Work?
Infrared light therapy comprises thousands of light-emitting diodes that activate cell mitochondria. Mitochondria is a cell’s energy source. Most energy is in a molecule called adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP helps the body store energy. Light therapy stimulates the cells in our bodies to increase ATP production, which encourages the regeneration of new cells.
Conditions infrared light therapy is used to treat
- Antiaging: infrared light therapy has been shown to affect collagen production and blood circulation in skin tissue. It helps reverse sun damage by stimulating collagen proteins. The same collagen proteins help to lift and tighten skin due to aging.
- Acne: infrared light therapy is an effective treatment for acne and scarring. The infrared light reduces inflammation and irritation and helps lower sebum production, leading to clogged pores.
- Psoriasis: infrared light therapy is an effective treatment for mild to moderate psoriasis, an autoimmune inflammatory skin condition.
- Muscle Soreness & Joint Pain: through regular use, this cutting-edge therapy can offer relief of muscle soreness, resulting in fewer muscular spasms and stiffness. This has become a staple in locker rooms across the globe to help athletes recover quicker from the physical demands of their sport.
- Testosterone Imbalance: by increasing the oxygen within the mitochondria, red light therapy can facilitate steroidogenesis, encouraging the body to produce healthy testosterone.
Benefits of Infrared Light Therapy
There are many different types of light therapy. The part that determines the healing powers of light therapy is the wavelength. Red lights have the ideal wavelength for treating various conditions and disorders. The increased ATP production within our cells speeds up the healing process so people can see and feel results after just a few sessions.
Red lights also help to stimulate blood circulation. This allows the oxygen and nutrients to be drawn to the skin’s surface, which helps create a radiant glow. The increased collagen and elastin production minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This cutting-edge technology is approved for treating inflammation and pain due to muscle soreness. The benefits work well in tandem with other treatments for inflammation and are proven to speed up the healing process.
Some products on the market offer infrared light therapy treatments for at-home use. However, it is a treatment that should be conducted under the care of a medical professional to avoid skin burns by having the lights too high. Alternatively, with at-home equipment, many don’t offer a strong enough wavelength to see any results, which wastes your time and money. Longevity Care Clinic uses light therapy to treat various conditions from inflammation to acne or psoriasis. Schedule an appointment today for Infrared light therapy, and see what it can do for you!