Auricular Acupressure also known as auricular therapy or ear acupressure, is a system of acupressure designed to treat the whole body from the ear. The ear is closest to the brain and one of the first parts of the body to develop in in-vitro. The makeup of the ear consists of; Auricular acupressure is a treatment that stimulates points on the ear.
Auricular acupressure can be used for a wide range of indications, and it is especially useful to relieve pain, calm the mind, treat allergies and infectious diseases, regulate endocrine system disorders, and treat chronic disease and functional disorders. It is also used for withdrawal syndrome.
Auricular therapy has a strong function to stop pain; often the pain will be relieved once the needle is inserted. It can be used to treat pain such as the following:
Symptoms and Benefits:
- Pain from trauma: Sprained tendons, broken bones, cuts, burns, and dislocations.
- Pain from infections: Tonsillitis, appendicitis, cholelithiasis, and mastitis.
- Pain from nerve disorders: Trigeminal neuralgia, migraine, sciatic nerve pain, and herpes zoster.
- Pain after surgery: Including pain from incisions and scar tissue.
- Pain from tumors: Headache and abdominal pain due to tumor pressure.
Auricular acupressure has the function to reduce swelling and pain with infectious diseases such as: pharyngitis, pneumonia, tonsillitis, ear infection, enteritis, pelvic inflammatory disease, bladder infection, Bell’s palsy, rheumatoid arthritis, cholelithiasis, enteritis, and pustulation.